It seems besides the markets (through QE-2), the Feds are also in the business of propping up cloud computing and IT in general. Here is their new plan - 25 points to reform Govt IT
Here is something that might be of interest to folks "800 DCs to be closed by 2015 as part of Cloud First Policy"
I have been saying for a while now Cloud is about saving $$. It is not about selling more stuff into a account. In fact the overall DC TAM is expected to decrease after Cloud Computing has done its thing. CIOs want it to decrease by at least 30% and vendors want to make sure the remaining 70% includes their wares.